An Introduction to Manchester
Manchester is known as the “Second City” in England, a truly international destination, a vibrant city boasting diversity and opportunity with ambitious plans for the future.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Manchester has a population of 2.8 million people and is predicted to increase by 19.7% over 13 years
- 40% of the city’s population are aged between 18-35 with a third employed in the financial or business services sector
- 80 of the FTSE 100 companies are located in Manchester
- With a wealth of heritage, culture and attractions Manchester is the most visited city in England outside of London
- Manchester has an award-winning airport with a recent £800 million investment creating the Airport City Enterprise
- Manchester has a fantastic transport network including one of Europe’s best metro systems
- Recognised for excellence Manchester’s universities collectively have the largest student population in Europe
- Manchester is home to two premier football clubs, Manchester United and Manchester City
- Manchester offers an unrivalled selection of international retail brands and is home to the second largest shopping mall in the UK