A business destination
Manchester is the economic engine of the North West and the regional centre for finance, commerce, retail, culture and leisure.
Firmly established as the UK’S second City for business and investment, Manchester is attracting more direct foreign investment than anywhere in else in the UK outside London.
- Over 2,000 foreign owned companies across Greater Manchester
- 5.4% per annum growth in private sector office jobs over the last
- 5 years (London 3.8%)
- Forecast 3.5% GDP growth per annum to 2024 (UK 2.8%, Globally 2.5%)
- £57billion GVA – forecast to grow by 32% over the next decade
- Over 15,500 new city centre jobs forecast by 2024
- Noma – £800M
- MediaCityUK – £650M
- Airport City – £800M
- Spinningfields – £1.5billion
- Manchester Life – £1.0billion+